Indie DJ complains. A nation ignores.

Thursday 11 December 2008

The Week of Britpop

OK, before I begin (as Mr Fry might say), some housekeeping. I've posted a crazy THREE times this morning, my excuse being that I'm sat in waiting for a UPS man to pick up my 360, which has succombed to the Red Ring of Death. Below you'll find my opinion on the "most anticipated album of all time" tm. and "the best night out ever" tm.

I'm now in my new house, broadband works (on everything but the Mac so far...grrr!) so I'll be posting more often. Also, I'll shortly be setting up a twitter, cos it's about time, I'll be updating it as often as I can be bothered. A few photos have also been added to the Leeds Post. Right, on we go...

These things always come in threes.

On Tuesday I saw Supergrass, who were characteristically brilliant (if a little drunken, but HEY, IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!). They did loads of new stuff, but none of that mattered after a beautiful rendition of She's So Loose. Photos are below.

THEN I was reminded yesterday that I'll be seeing the vastly underrated Bluetones performing their vastly underrated debut Expecting to Fly tonight. More of which tomorrow.

Then to cap it all, came the announcement I've been waiting for for at least 5 years, but never really expected to arrive. Damon and Graham are cuddling on the cover of NME, Blur are doing Hyde Park in July and all is fucking right with the world.

Apart from my 360 being buggered, but hey, if that hadn't happened, I wouldn't have been bored enough to blog, so think yourselves lucky.

As an aside, the landlord of my new house has left behind two DAB radios and, as such, I have now discovered the joys of 6music. Lovely. If anyone has any other reccommendations of good DAB stations, please let me know.



Supergrass

No comments: